Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to drain the coolant through the drain nipple under…

Customer Question
Hi I want to...

Hi I want to drain the coolant through the drain nipple under the 2006 pontiac torrent, does the cap twist out or pull out

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

Over 200,00

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes How does the plug work

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
8/1/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It does twist and pull out slightly.On some models it can be removed completely but on this model it should twist and pull out at the same time.You may have to jiggle it to break it free as the O ring on it can make it bind.Below is a picture to see how it is threaded into the radiator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aetutpv4f9qg8s7/d-08-01.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete