GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The sunroof is stuck open, have tried many things including

Customer Question

the sunroof is stuck open, have tried many things including new motor...wondering about a relay switch-where is it located, pls and thx
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: not sure, it's outside in the rain, it's a friends car, i'm going to say the battery is newer but has many miles.
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2002 grand am
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 203,000 miles, good battery, i've replaced the open/close switch and sunroof motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, thx
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

That system does not have a relay just a module , see if your getting 12v on pink and a good ground on black?