GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Need to know where alternator fusible link location on a 97

Customer Question

Need to know where alternator fusible link location on a 97 Pontiac bonneville
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Pontiac Bonneville. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Had alternator tested 2xs off car and good...battery good but still lossing charge on battery when driving....was told to check fusible link but cant find it
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

You cant find one because there is none, you more than likely have a voltage drop issue or ground problem in one of the wires.