Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

2008 Pontiac torrent, "service stabilitrak, service traction

Customer Question

2008 Pontiac torrent, "service stabilitrak, service traction control, AWD off" messages and ABS light on with grinding noise now while turning right and braking
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: stabilitrak light on too
JA: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't tried anything yet. lights have been coming on periodically for a couple months but now they stay on longer and the grinding noise is new
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 2 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

I would have the brakes checked. it sounds like the pads are worn out and grinding into the rotor. the metal from the grinding may have caused the abs light to come on as the sensor cannot read correctly. the other lights are on due to the abs issue. once the abs is resolved, repaired those systems will come back on line.

it sounds like you need brakes and rotors.

Roy

PLease take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that will allow the site to pay me for my efforts.

Roy