sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

It won't start. Kinda but the lights and everything turn on.

Customer Question

It won't start.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Kinda but the lights and everything turn on. It says the battery has 12 volts on the dash screen
JA: What is the model of your '12 Pontiac?
Customer: 2006 Pontiac Montana sv6
JA: Are you fixing your Montana SV6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried jumping it for several hours with different cables and vehicles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I feel like I did run the battery down by having the key on accessory too long but it won't jump start. And the starter isn't clicking at all
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that will cause a no crank condition and it will require some electrical testing to determine what is going on. You may have a bad starter, ignition switch, starter relay, it could be wiring, it could be a transmission range sensor related issue.

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?