kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

What color and where is the immobilizer wire in a 2000

Customer Question

What color and where is the immobilizer wire in a 2000 pontiac montana
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Pontiac Montana. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: After installing remote start and a bypass all my van wants to do is clicks. It still wont start.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  david craig replied 8 days ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. if you mean a security bypass, its not going to work. there is nothing you can do to bypass the passkey lock system

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was told to purchase from Directed Electronics the 555GW which is a GM remote start interface module pass key 3. Its It's supposed to work. How do I resolve this problem then. I can jump the starter relay with the key in run position. It starts runs for a few seconds then dies.

it will start and die. I f they told you its supposed to work then I would be calling their tech support. we do not give bypass information out here if its even do able.... this is a constant problem with aftermarket accessories being incorrectly installed.

I can open this up to other techs to chime in. good luck.

Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 8 days ago.

Hello, the passkey system only cuts fuel which you've found by jumping the starter. Have you double checked your battery voltage and all connections for the remote start?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Triple checked. Im not sure if I have the right wire considered the immobilizer wire. It is a red wire or white coming from back of ignition switch. However the bypass is not programming when I try to remote start.

You need the key sense wire which is light green, connect that to the green wire of the 555G, this guide will explain the wire functions

And below is the other wiring info you'll need

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can change the bypass module over to fuel. But I was told it was data every where I have looked for assistance

It is data for the jumper connection

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
that's the way I have it

If everything else is right connecting the light green at ign switch to green on the box should do it

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There was a wiring diagram which I read that said the green key sense wire should interrupt the bypass. So I'm not sure if I am supposed to hook it up differently than just the green wire coming from the bypass
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 7 days ago.

Sorry for the delay, everything I'm seeing says it needs to be connected so when the key is inserted it doesn't see two transponders. Nothing about any other wire. I'm suspecting the box rolls codes and sends them out via the purple data connection wire to mimic the key

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The bypass module digital light stays on while remote starting that is supposed to program it but it's not programming.

Since I'm not familiar with the module itselfs operation I'm going to open this back up to other experts. We have a really good alarm guy on here hopefully he'll see it. He's usually on daytime hours on the east coast

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated