sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a g6 convertibleand the top is stuck down with the

Customer Question

I have a g6 convertibleand the top is stuck down with the trunk up. I have removed the battery cable and tried to get it to go but it will not move.
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: Yes. The motor for the hard top is not making any noise.
JA: What year is your G6?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying. There are no codes in the code reader but the top is stuck down.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If there are truly no fault codes setting then the most likely cause for the top not working would be the pump motor itself, but you would have cleared any fault codes with a battery disconnect, and you may not be using the correct equipment to try to read the fault codes.

Are you using a generic OBDII code reader? That would only be able to read codes from the engine controller and not any of the other modules on the vehicle. An actual scan tool would be needed to diagnose the problem, an actual scan tool starts at $2-2,500 for an entry level unit.