GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Replaced the multi switch now now horn except when turning

Customer Question

Replaced the multi switch now now horn except when turning and also turn signals dont cancel
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2002 Pontiac grand am
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes ...the car was vandalized and the wiper control side of the multi switch was broken ...replaced the whole unit but now the horn dont work but will sound when turning briefly and turn signals won't cancel after making a turn
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  shawn patrick replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Sounds like you have a broken clockspring and the unit needs to be pulled back out for a closer inspection for damage,