david craig
david craig,
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I just installed lower intake manifold 94 grand am 3.1. New

hello- I just installed lower intake manifold 94 grand am 3.1. New gaskets and bolts. I misread specs and torqued 4 upright long center bolts to 18ft lbs thinking they had the same reading as the upper intake bolts. They should have been 110 inch lbs. Now what do you think and how bad is it and what should I do Thank you charles

Hi Im David , you need to take it back apart or the intake manifold will without a doubt crack.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi ***** have to replace bolts or gaskets? Have the bolts stretched? Thank You charles

even though they are not torque to yield bolts, I always recommend replacement

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.