Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

MOTOR CUTTING OFF WHEN GOING THE ROAD SOMETIME NOT ALL THE

Customer Question

MOTOR CUTTING OFF WHEN GOING THE ROAD SOMETIME NOT ALL THE TIME
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to then be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I have seen crank sensor failure cause this fault needing replaced as it is the most common for an intermittent stall out and I have also seen issues with the fuel pump cause this issue here.Codes need checked then if no codes are set the rpm signal data checked on a scan tool while cranking when it wont start and if there is no rpm signal then the crank sensor needs replaced.If this is o.k. then fuel pressure needs tested to see if the fuel pump needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete