DoctorD
DoctorD, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, AAA State 1st place, Rotary Club, 20 years Exp.
5480360

I had my transmission replaced, drove it home, it was back

Customer Question

I had my transmission replaced, drove it home, it was back to normal. 2 days later I drove it and Engine reduced power came up, engine light was on, and traction control prompt.
JA: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?
Customer: No...after that $1700...I just felt defeated..lol
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2007 G6 Gt
JA: Are you fixing your G6 GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, parked it...open for suggestions.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

I wish I could help but you're not giving us anything to work with here? If you can go get fault codes extracted from the computers we can maybe point you in the right direction.

I mean the best thing to do would be to return to the shop whom did your transmission repair. Was it doing the same think as prior to that same repair?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it wasn't. But I drove it home, it was fine. It sat 2 days, then drove and got those warnings in panel
Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

Front drive trans R&R's are big jobs and lots can go wrong yes. Especially if you took it to an "aamco" were they hire $10/hr mechanics lol.

So pinched wire, speed sensor wire..ect can cause all this

Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.