Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

My car runs great but I have a service theft system. Car

Customer Question

My car runs great but I have a service theft system. Car runs great but just need to clear this service theft system
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Since it starts and runs there is a theft code set that is related to a sensor acting up that isnt preventing the starting just yet.The body computer stores the fault codes when the warning comes up that you see.What needs to be done is to have the body computer codes read out as well as engine codes with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.Then those codes can be diagnosed to help locate and repair this here.Once this is done you can have the fault codes cleared with the same scan tool.You can also try and find a shop or someone that owns a scan tool to see if they can read and try and clear the theft codes that are set to turn off this warning but if the fault is still present the code will set again and this warning will re appear.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete