Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Burns. Out. Headlight. Every. Two. Or. Three. Months

Voltage. Issue? JA: What is the...
Burns. Out. Headlight. Every. Two. Or. Three. Months Voltage. Issue?
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: G-6. 2009
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanics. Worked. On. It. And. Thought. It. Was. A voltages. Issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Replace. Headlight. Every. Two. Months
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/7/2017
Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

is it the same headlight ?

the passenger side headlight. the mechanic said too much voltage is getting to the bulb
It then melts the harness

does it just melt the connector and terminals in the headlight connector ?

It melts the harness where the connectors are.

there can not be too much voltage as it would melt everything is the car

the area it is melting at is where there is a connection and or terminals it is melting because there is a bad terminal connection there at where it is melting that is a bad connection and or the terminals are not making a good connection which creates high resistance

high resistance creates heat and will melt things

replacing that connector and the bulb should fix this problem you are having

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

we replace the bulb and the melted harness every two months. Could there be some wire not insulated that is causing too much electricity to go into this headlight. It is getting old replacing these parts every other month

replace the connector that is melted

we thought the connector and the harness were the same thing

they sell replacement connectors that you shrink wrap into the old wiring and then install a new bulb should fix this problem

shrink wrap into the old wiring? what does that mean

cut the old wires to the bulb connector then shrink wrap in the new wires to the old harness wires

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician