Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

2007 Pontiac Torrent check engine light on. P0404 code and

Customer Question

2007 Pontiac Torrent check engine light on. P0404 code and P0405. Also Stabilitrack light is on and will not go off.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on never goes off
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2007 Pontiac Torrent
JA: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Depends on the price. Dealership maybe if price isn't to high. I have another person who can do some work as long as it's not too involved
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

Both of these codes are directly related. Both point to problems with the EGR Valve. One points to the position sensor and the other saying the performance is incorrect. On this vehicle, the EGR is all-inclusive, which means the position sensor is built internally. So, carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspection checks ok, replacing the EGR Valve should solve the problem. GM EGR Valves are fairly common fail items. The Valve is located on the top of the engine, near the throttle body. Dealer-suggested retail on the Valve is around $175. Aftermarket (like NAPA) about $100 cheaper. The labor Time Guide calls for a little over a half-hour to replace. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did replacing the EGR Valve solve the problem? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

..