Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

It want start the security light is on, It stay solid how do

Customer Question
It want start the security...
It want start the security light is on
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: It stay solid how do u reset the security system
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2001 Pontiac aztek
JA: Are you fixing your Aztek yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think it want start cause of the pass key was broken have can I bypass that
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can he really help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello how can I bypass the passkey
10/23/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it uunfortunatly

You can try manual reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

there is no way to bypass the system , it goes thru the PCM ,and the computer have to see the key or it want allow start up

there is no fuse or relay we can pull out

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still want start

unfortunatly there no fuse or relay to pull out to deactivate the system

the car computer has to see to get a signal from the anti theft module to allow start up

you need a Pontiac scanner or equivalent to read the fault codes to see what failed , the key , the module ,hood switch trunk switch etc...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did everything u said but the key is kinda hard to turn in the door I'm going to try it again

get wd40 AND SPRAY INSIDE OF IT USING THE SMALL PLASTIC TUBE TO LOOSEN IT

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I try again still ain't work I will call u when the person who was fixing my car come back if I call u sure we can get it start it str I really have to go to work tomorrow it was working before the passkey was broken

if the pass key broke it will not start with out making another one , a capable lock smith can do it .

calling me want be helpful to you since what i m telling is correct .and wll cost you more momney for call and not necessary in this case

the pass key has to be replaced , there a rf signal that the key emits to the alarm module , id it stopped sending it because it broke YOU WILL NEED ANOTHER KEY

i m sorry not what you want to hear but it is true, what need to do is call a lock smith and tell the car you have and see if he can make another key that has the chip in it or the dealer or a repai shop that can have the keys made and have the scanner to program it

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They have to make a car key or a pass key

the key & pass key is one part, it is all in the key, the pass chip is in the black rubber cover around the key in that picture i sent you

hope that helps

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat