sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I can't get into the trunk, I have a Pontiac G6 convertible.

Customer Question

I can't get into the trunk
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: I have a Pontiac G6 convertible. The console gives a message 'top not secure' and it has disabled the key fob, and trunk button
JA: What year is your G6?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I called Pontiac roadside service, and the said to wait until Monday when their service is available. I am out of town, and my suitcase is stuck in trunk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ask them if they know how to get into the trunk thru the cabin. Also, maybe I could unhook the battery? To reset a sensor? Thank you
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The trunk is disabled because it isn't seeing the top closed. The root cause of the issue is the top not closing or a microswitch/wiring issue causing it to think the top isn't closed when it actually is.

Without a scan tool the only way to force the trunk open would be to locate the light blue wire in pin 16 of body control module connector 1 and use a jumper wire to momentarily apply ground to the circuit. This will actuate the trunk release relay.