Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

Trying to figure find a diagram showing where Bank one o2

Customer Question

trying to figure find a diagram showing where Bank one o2 sensor and catalytic converter are located but can't find a diagram. Don't want to get ripped off at the repair shop when I go so I like to know things. Is this one near the manifold.
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: It's a 2006 Pontiac G6 Base 3.5l
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: P0420 error points to catalytic converter and error code state Base One
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it's easy enough, I'd like to do it myself
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

On this vehicle, the Bank1 Converter and Oxygen Sensor are located on the side of the engine closest to the windshield. For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/4YfFfh - The Labor Time Guide calls for 3 hours to replace the Bank1 Converter. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

..