john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

I have a 1965 gto conv W/ a 389 y/s matching engine. the

Customer Question

I have a 1965 gto conv W/ a 389 y/s matching engine.
the problem is the moter is so badly decomposed I"ll have to sleeve it in order to restore it to the car is it worth the time & money to get this done? I already have a spare 400 shortblock with fresh heads sitting around the shop!?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  john aka eaut replied 1 year ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. are you building it to sell or enjoy?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still like to romp around I think i will keep it for a few more years think of disc brake tho will that devalue it too? ive had id 30 years and might sell if my daughter doesn't want it im still 56 yrs old and want to show it some

is it mint and original?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not for additional $26 I dont have an original trannyit had fresh paint in '07 has '67 GTO his&hers hurst package & 67 GM AM/FM radio built in fremont 71 mi away i changed th inst package but not the wiring.

i dont think it will hurt value much...especially if ya keep the #s matching block...i would go with the 400 and enjoy it