Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

I bought a pontiac G6 and changed the front brakes and bleed

Customer Question
them but i still have...
I bought a pontiac G6 and changed the front brakes and bleed them but i still have no brake pedal.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 157000 no i dont believe they are its a 2006
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My brother replaced the front brakes and there was no brake pedal so he tried bleeding them and that still hasnt helped
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried driving it but still hasn't helped
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 1 year ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Can you tell me step by step what your brother did please?

I also need to know why he changed the front brakes? Did you have a good pedal before he did anything to the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought the car and the front drivers side brake pad was wore down cutting into the rotor so he replaced the front driver side rotor and put new brake pads on the front. He tried driving it but had no brake pedal so he tried bleeding them and it still no pedal.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the brake pedal was fine before this.

When he replaced the brake pads, how did he get the piston back into the caliper?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He used a c clamp

Did he open the bleeder and use the c clamp?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

After he pushed the pistons back in, did brake fluid come out of the brake master cylinders res.?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it didnt

Did you help him bleed the brakes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My sister n law did

Are you there with the car now and have a helper?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir

Can you try to bleed the brakes again and lets see if we can get any pressure out of the front lines? If so Please do this exactly, Have your helper pump the brakes 10 times holding the pedal to the floor on the last pump, tell them to not be in a hurry, but not to let off of the pedal fully between pushes. Then on the 10th push open the bleeder on the front passenger side till everything comes out and close the bleeder back. Do this 5 times but make sure to check the fluid level in the res after each time. After you have closed the bleeder have them pump the brakes again. See if you see any air bubbles coming out of the bleeder each time. Also see if the fluid is shooting out or dribbling out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just front passenger side?

Yes for now. Did the back get bleed before?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We bleed them last night. Give me a few mins while we do the passenger side

Lets see if there is any ir in the front first, we may need to go to the rear also.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should the car b running during the bleeding process

No. Leave it off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did not fix it

I am so sorry,I lost internet and was not able to respond back to you. Did you get any air out of the front calipers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We noticed that when we pump the brakes wirh the car off that u can c the drivers side compressing in but the passenger side doesn't

You will need to go to the rear brakes and bleed them as well then. Watch the drivers side closely and see if you get an air out of the bleeder. You will need to do the rear 7 times to make sure you get the air all the way to the back brakes and out the bleeder. Make sure to watch the fluid level and not let it get to low.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We noticed that when we pump the brakes wirh the car off that u can c the drivers side caliper compressing in but the passenger side caliper doesn't

That is due to air in the left rear brake line. You need to bleed the rear.

Where you able to get the air out of the system?

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech