Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

2007 G6 GT with a P0757 code. Won't shift into higher gears.

Customer Question

2007 G6 GT with a P0757 code. Won't shift into higher gears. Fluid level is fine, trans still shifts 1/2 perfectly. I am trying to figure out how to test the solenoid.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: The car has 160k miles but has always been well maintained. The brake switch?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I haven't tried anything other then pulling the code with my scanner.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Fluid level is normal.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with that code 757 that codes is saying the computer saw a 2nd gear ration when it was supposed to be in 3rd gear

if the fluid is full and there is no debris in the transmission pan bottom of metal or brass or clutch material then the issue comes down the the 2-3 shift solenoid or the 2-3 shift solenoid valve stuck or a dirty valve body

since the transmissions side cover needs to come off anyway its best to remove the side cover and remove and clean the valve body and channel plate once that is cleaned and the valve are working fine when tested by hand then replace the 2-3 shift solenoid should correct this problem you are having

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the pan to check, no real debris in pan and fluid had only very tiny specs of brass ( not much at all ). I put a new filter on because I was there. No change. So I guess the trans will need to come apart as you mentioned so it will have to go to a dealer as I do not want to do it.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok

let me know how they make out

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer