Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Recently had AC compressor & kit installed on 1987 Firebird

Customer Question
2.8 MPFI sports coupe. I...
Recently had AC compressor & kit installed on 1987 Firebird 2.8 MPFI sports coupe. I lose cold air & even the vent when accelerating. I put new vacuum tank and up line check valve off intake plenum. The electronic vacuum regulator was new in 2012. Some vacuum lines are old and will be replaced. Anything else that should be considered?
I put in a long block in May of 2016 but seem to lack the power (as I remember it) from previous engine. New plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor but still seems to lack the power. Any other suggested areas to consider?
Thanks in Advance.
Bob Dorton
Custer,
SD
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
8/14/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

you are still loosing vacuum..

you need to check all the vacuum lines/hoses..

the the vacuum lines are goos and the vacuum resivor is good,,then i think the problem is the mode actuator that works the air door..it would seem the diaphram is busted causing it to loose a little vacuum

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aid5ph8v0kziq4s/0814-firebird-Air%20Conditioning%20Air%20Delivery%20Circuit.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/aid5ph8v0kziq4s/0814-firebird-Air%20Conditioning%20Air%20Delivery%20Circuit.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic