Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Car is dead everyday I have to jumpstart, I already had the

Customer Question
alarm system disabled, then I...
car is dead everyday I have to jumpstart, I already had the alarm system disabled, then I am wondering if radio is draining it, someone put the radio in, I think they did not do something right, and the parking brake does not work, only had this car 4 mos.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: no I never had my brakes replaced, and I think brake fluid is ok, but I should check it again, cause when I am turning left it makes a sound like something needs oiled, bought as is, no warranty, and I am looking for a job, but now this car might not get me there
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2008 pontiac g6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only charge it, then it starts, but I can't keep charging it everyday, I guess I got the royal screwing as they say'
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: do you think I should disable radio
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
8/14/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Chris, yes I stil want your help,I bought this car at a buy here pay here, it ran good, but I noticed when I looked at it, the place radio goes was gone, I said I would like to know if radio could be put back in, the what I call dishonest man said yes he would put one in, this car ran really good at first, bought around last of April, I am retired and thought I would try to get a job so that is how the story goes, had a 99 chevy cavalier and used it as a trade in he only gave me 600, but it was needing mechanical work done, then I gave him 800 down, they put radio in same day, I signed papers and then I drove off in my new used nightmare, last month I got in and noticed a noise like a stuck cd, tried getting it out, but couldn't, then must have hit wrong button on radio cause it is in a foriegn language, so next day was leaving and got into start car and it was dead, so I had to jump start it, I am sure it is not battery, but could be wrong, I did not even know they stopped making that model car, guess being a women never really talked about cars, or did not listen to news enough, so my remote to car was acting up would not charge, when it said fully charged it would go dead, so I thought it was drainng battery some how and took it to a mechanic and he disabled it, well it ran real good til after I got home and next day, you guessed it, dead as dead can be, so I have been jump starting it with a portable jump starter everyday, so I was thinking maybe radio is draining the battery over night night, and thought I would take it back to same place to have it disabled, and then if that does not work, well I got taken on a used car with no warranty, so I came across your site and thought I would see what you thought was wrong with it, if I knew how to pull out the fuses to radio I would, but I do not think that would be to easy to do, well sorry about this letter being so long, you have a nice day Chris, is the 18.00 for the whole month or is it 18.00 everytime I have a question? Just wondering, I also have a phone but the minutes on it would probably get used up on it, so that is why I have to email you my questions, sorry about that, take care'
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P.S, I will give you my phone and see if that would be some what better, it is(###) ###-####or you can call(###) ###-#### thanks again'
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh, I am sorry Chris, but my odometeor is reading wrong to, I just happened to think of that, sorry again, I know you are probably thinking anything else, well cannot think right now, so hopefully you can relax and think, please lady no more questions' lol
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician