Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

We recently bought a nice 2007 Pontiac G6 GT. Great shape.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. We recently bought a nice 2007 Pontiac G6 GT. Great shape. Problem we've been having is it repeatedly won't start. It's not the battery. The "lock" security dummy light comes on so we think it's that somehow. But we can't pass emissions because it keeps throwing out a code which read we needed the downstream OS sensor. We replaced that relay. Didn't work. We've changed the spark plugs and cleared out the intake manifold to see if that was the problem for the code, but again it's not starting. Every time we reset the sensors, it'll start and run at first, but after turned off, then won't turn over again until you let it sit for a while. We're thinking it has to do with the "security system" that's in the car. That "lock" light always comes on. Thing is, the key is not a fob key not have a chip. It's just a regular key that you have to manually unlock/lock the door with. So... any idea??
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: already did that
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes we want to
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you sure you have no pass lock system then one common problem the G6 has can be caused by a failing ignition switch. In order to determine if in fact that is the case you need to check a couple of things. I have enclosed them in the link below. Check this for me and post back if you need more help or have more questions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20Jul%2023.pdf

See the starter circuit wiring for reference her as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Start%20jul%2023.pdf