GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

What is code p00336, yes, 2001 standard model front wheel

Customer Question

what is code p00336
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2001 standard model front wheel only
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think there is a problem in the fuel system and also the cooling system as it was a little warm the other day and don't know if the fans were running
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it is hard to fuel up the car, seem to keep trying to cut of the gas pump like it is full but it is no....some have said that the carbon canister may be plugged up...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 1 year ago.

Hello. my name is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you. One moment while I pull up that diagnostic.

What model is you 2001 Pontiac?

I assume it's an Aztek, as that is the only option with 2 or all wheel drive option. The p0336 is related to the crankshaft position circuit.

To be able to perform the diagnostics as described, it will be necessary to use a scan tool to observe data and a volt meter. The possible faults are: an issue with the wiring circuits, a failing crankshaft sensor, or a faulty PCM. Here is the diagnostic.

Please take the time to rate my service positively, and if you have further questions, let me know, Thank you, George.