Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

I have a 1989 pontiac formula 350 firebird with

Customer Question

i have a 1989 pontiac formula 350 firebird with approximately 130k. the car will not start unless i spray starting fluid into the intake otherwise it just cranks no start. once started i try and put the cold air intake back on and it stalls and wont start again for another 25-30 min. once it cools down then the process starts all over again.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good evening my nmae is roy and I will assist

have you checked the actual fuel pressure???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not but it will start and run after the ether spray until i put the cold air intake on. i do think the injectors are part of the problem just not the entire problem. i wouldn't think they would cause the engine to die when the cold air/air cleaner was put onto the throttle body.

if your fuel pressure is low it will cause this. you are priming it yo start it up.

as far as the cold air intake, is the tube solid from the mass air flow to the throttle body with no leaks.

no to the injectors. you need to check the pressure first

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would say it has no leaks as after messing with it awhile i can get it to stay on drive the car...this could take me a few hours mind you. i will check that and test fuel pressure tomorrow as is getting late and let you know.

ok

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy