Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

I have a 2006 pontiac G6 And my wife was driving it one day…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 pontiac...
I have a 2006 pontiac G6 And my wife was driving it one day and it went dead with her she got it to crank and go a little further before it died again except this time the odometer read out said error and the radio readout said power steering shortly there after it lost all power I replaced an electronic part that drops down in front of the batter and it has 3 plugs I did this with the battery un hooked now all the power has been restored but the odometer and radio still say error and power steering the car has a recall for power steering assist if it went out would that stop the car from starting or am I missing something the part I changed was the electronic control module or engine control module front left hand corner in front of battery everything works but car want start what am I missing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
5/16/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.Did you have the engine control module programmed?Why did you replace it? Do you have a volt meter?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I didn't have it programmed. The dealer told me too. I have no volt meter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought it from a junk yard
It needs to be programmed before it will work properly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I get it programmed will my car crank
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The odometer and radio read out what do they mean
I have no idea if it will crank if you get it programmed as I am unsure of why you changed it. I know that it will not crank until it is programmed and a Vehicle theft deterrent learn performed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dealer auto mechanic said they were getting no reading through the PCM nor the BCM and they had that part pulled out. the car was getting no power until I replace that part. Now everything works it just won't crank
It sounds like you are on the right track. It must be programmed to your car before it will start
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do not charge anymore after my 7 day free trial
I am not in charge of billing, Please contact customer service
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician