john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

I have a 2003 Montana. It was working fine. When I got off

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Montana. It was working fine. When I got off from work at 4 am, it appeared dead. One of the guys at work jumped it, and the interior lights kept going on and off, and the door ajar light was on when I know all the doors were closed. Now, it is dead again. The battery is only one year old.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I can still charge my cellphone in the lighter socket though, so I don't think it is the battery.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: It has 209,000 miles on it. As I said, it was fine until this morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,I need to get the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VIN is 1GMDX03E33D126124.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Unfortunately I dont have any schematics for this one so I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help you
Expert:  john aka eaut replied 1 year ago.
sounds like the door latch has failed leaving the interior lights on... you can try puling the fuse for a temporary fix..