Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

The sunroof on my 2005 pontiac gran prix won't close all the

Customer Question

the sunroof on my 2005 pontiac gran prix won't close all the way it otherwise operates fully. It opens to the vent position, then all the way. It then closes to the vent position but will not close to the fully sealed position.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just repeated opening, and closing with a little pressure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: It has 114,000 miles on it and I have rarely opened the roof.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Since you say the sunroof is not used very much then the first thing you need try is to perform the Initialization procedure. See the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and post the link to your browser to open and view them. Give this a try and see if it will solve the problem you are having.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sun%20roof%20intail%20May%2010.pdf