tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs
14541291

I disconnected the battery on my 2007 torrent with no success

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car will not drive forward only revs. Check engine light and stability n traction light on
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Of course but is that possible?
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnecting the battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: I don't wanna pay if told to tow it to a dealership
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If your to busy with other customers please just refund my payment.
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
are you saying reverse is fine,,but it will not move forward?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
It jus revs trying to go forward
ok,,but reverse is fine?did the transmission make any noise in forward?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Check engine light , stability , traction lights on on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reverse is fine
this doesnt sound good at all..how many miles is on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
32000
i see,,sense the engine light does stay on,,can you give me the trouble codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get codes?
you will need an obd2 scanner..
but with it not having drive and it does have reverse the problem seems to be mechaical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car is undriveable it will have to be towed
i understand..to me,,it sounds as if the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm reading online this is a common problem with 2007 torrents at this low mileage n it's something electrical..I don't think it's transmission
i think it is mechanical,,though,we do need to get those codes
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgsi3ymr1qmxj2p/0507-Slips%20in%20Drive%20or%20No%20Drive.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/kgsi3ymr1qmxj2p/0507-Slips%20in%20Drive%20or%20No%20Drive.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you read the message boards it's all the same identical problem..
Thanks anyways have a good night
i have no TSB on this transmission..i rebuild automatic transmissions everyday..from the way you explain,you have a fluid pressure loss.meanng the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced..though you do need to scan it to get the codes,there is a slim possibility that you may have a bad pressure solenoid,but i doubt this.thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car is driving this morning like nothing is wrong. Only light now on is the check engine. Can the Transmission come n go like that n fix itself at times?
ok,,sense it will drive go get the computer scanned and give me the codes..if the engine light is on,there are codes stored in the cars computer,auto zone and most parts stores will scan it and give you the codes for free.these codes may give a clue to your problem.
it is strange that is is working now and wasnt earlier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
hi