Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I changed the fuel pump in my g6, but now it won't crank or start

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All the lights and battery are good.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had a shop run diagnostics and they said fuel pump, I ordered a new one and replaced it, but the car still will not crank or start. The fuel pump exchanges and it smells like has so I know that is good but it still won't start
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: The battery is good the lights horn windows all work. It just will not crank and start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. What year model?Early you said it would not crank, then you said it will not start?Will the engine crank with the key in the start position?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris