Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I recently got a new key pontiac grand prix 2005

Customer Question

hello i recently got a new key for my pontiac grand prix 2005 and i ran through the diagnostics and i have come to message that says: theft system not programmed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i hear the car engine starting now after the 3 ten minute cycles that i did in order to program the ket but am faced with a new message
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, so after the 30 minute relearn procedure, it is saying theft system not programmed, correct? If so, then either new key is simply defective or there is an issue with the passlock control module. A scan tool is needed to retrieve any fault codes to know which is faulty