Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

My name is ***** *****. I just replaced a rotor, the hardware,

Customer Question
and brake pads for my...
My name is ***** *****. I just replaced a rotor, the hardware, and brake pads for my 2003 Pontiac Grand Am. How do I bleed the brake line? Also, my power steering went out and there is a major leak. How do I replace that? Do you have any idea how much that would cost to bring to Firestone? Or, can I replace it myself?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The brake fluid is low and it is old. The brake pedal goes to the floor.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to make my 2003 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4 liter faster?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I am in drive and at a stop light the dashboard shakes intermittently, I have to put my vehicle in neutral. What is causing this problem?
4/16/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Technician Chris, Technician replied 1 year ago
Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Hi there. I am Chris and am one of the Pontiac techs here. I would like to offer some advise for you. 1st - we have a bunch of questions here - let me start w/ the brakes.
If you just replaced pads and rotors, and now the brake pedal goes to the floor, then you either have a leak or (more likely) you have air in the brake lines. If you don't see any fluid on the calipers, then you can rest assured there is no leak. To bleed the brake fluid, start at the RR caliper (furthest from the master cylinder). You will need a buddy to assist. Have your buddy pump the pedal a few times to build up as much pressure as possible. Then open the bleeder screw on the caliper and have your buddy press and hold the pedal all the way down. Close the bleeder screw and have him pump the pedal again. Do this until he feels a noticeable change in the firmness of the pedal. Then repeat the process at each caliper in this sequence: RR, LR, RF, LF NOTE: Be sure to top off the master cylinder as often as possible while you are bleeding the system. If it sucks in any air, you will have to start the whole process over again.
In order to address the other questions, I need to know what engine you have in the vehicle.
I hope my assistance has been helpful to you. If so, please go ahead and rate my answer. This is very important as it tells other customers I give good service. If you have follow up questions, feel free to ask. You will not have to pay again after giving me a rating if you do have follow ups, so please do proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating. It will be very appreciated. Thanks-Chris
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris
Please proceed with my rating. I do not get paid for this job until a rating is posted. Thanks - Chris
I hope this information has been helpful to you. If so, please proceed with a rating. 4 or 5 stars will tell other customers that I give good service. If you have follow up questions, feel free to ask.- Chris
please rate this answer
Technician Chris
Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician