Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

I have a 2008 Pontiac wave sedan and cant find the DLR

Customer Question
module. It is not where...
I have a 2008 Pontiac wave sedan and cant find the DLR module. It is not where it should be under the dash. Instead there is a security system box factory installed marked dawoo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes the DLR and low beam lights are not working. All the dash lights do The high beams work. I have checked the grounds , fuses, swapped out the relays and the bulbs. Checked the park break switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know what it looks like I just can't find it in the 2 possible places that it's supposed to be. One is to the left of the Hvac controls under the dash like the picture you just showed me and the other is under the hood attached to the abs control bracket. As I don't have abs the dealer said it would be under the dash, it's not. I have taken it completely apart and it's not there. There is a anti theft control module in it's place that's factory installed.
Pontiac Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Pontiac Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Pontiac Mechanic

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Here is GM location diagram & picture
Click Attachments below
Also there was a RECALL for this
I can post the RECALL that shows repair if you want

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

hello?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its nothing there, I will take a picture and send it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my car the dealer said isn't part of the recall, not sure why

And my car the dealer said isn't part of the recall, not sure why

.

did not mean to imply that the RECALL is still in force.........
was posting that I can supply "Repair procedure" for the RECALL
The RECALL is no longer in force as of January 2016

.

IF the Module is NOT in that location, then it could have been removed, or Dealer Install DRL was installed
There is no other location listed

,

is this a "Notchback" or "Hatchback"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no sedan

thanks..............

I will have to research at work tomorrow, as all my Factory Manuals point to the dash as posted
Have you looked behind the Alarm Module?

will OPT OUT at this time to see if someone else has info
Will post back tomorrow after I have a look at other Service Manuals

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We looked it's not behind there either.
Pontiac Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

I looked at the schematics for Notchback and Hatchback.

The Hatchback uses a DRL module

The Notchback does not.

Can you post your VIN#

I will check tomorrow to see if your car takes a module. Can you post your module part#

Please get back with me.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ki2tw556x8b239533

Do you have the part# ***** the module you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
95333617 That is what the dealer told me I needed.

The car you have is Canadian built.

The GM parts department does not list a module for your car.

What problem are you having?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are no day time running lights and no low beams. High beams work fine, it's not the bulbs, tried other new bulbs and they don't work, tried fuses also. swapped relays, nothing changed.

Can you read a schematic?

Here is a link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6rmipf4tnht71b/2008_wave.png?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My wife forced me to take it in to the dealer to get fixed once and for all. With so many professionalservices telling me different things she was done. Lol

If you still need help let me know.

Thank you

Did you have any luck getting it fixed?

I will close the question if you want me to.

Thank you

GM Bob
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician