GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Pontiac g6... I had the tps sensor replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pontiac g6... I had the tps sensor replaced and the mechanic is having a hard time reprogramming the computer. The car revs up bad how do we fix this
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: He replaced the tps sensor throttle body and now the engine accelerates
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: He is fixing it.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: That's the only thing he needed to change
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 1 year ago.

How's it going? Is the rev up the same issue the throttle body was replaced for or is it a new concern after replacement. An idle reset is what is normally done after replacement usually with a scan tool. Shoot me your Vin real quick and I'll check for another route. Generally though that's not going to cause that and there is likely a vaccum leak from something disconnected if this is a new issue.