Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Pontiac g6 convertible hard top which my trunk want…

Customer Question
I have a Pontiac g6...
I have a Pontiac g6 convertible hard top which my trunk want release with remote or trunk
release button , even though my top is folded inside. I am getting a reading that my top is not secured.what should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
what kinda service order do I need to send you? don't understand!
waiting!
3/12/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing you need to do is to check the fuse for the trunk release, the fuse you need to check is the Fuse 22 in the rear fuse panel . If the fuse checks okay then you are going to need to do some testing . I have enclosed the steps in the link below as well as the wiring diagram for the system. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Trunk%20release%20Mar%2012.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Trunk%20wiring%20Mar%2012.pdf

Hello Ron,i can't get to the rear fuse block because it is located in the trunk.

One other option you may have to see if you have a locksmith in your area that can come and get the trunk open for you. Its going to have to be open to even check the circuit.

what is my solution?

Your going to need to get the trunk open to even check and see if you getting power to the lock release.