Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My windshield wipers were slow to react after we had a large…

Customer Question
My windshield wipers were...

My windshield wipers were slow to react after we had a large snow fall about two weeks ago. I cleaned off the windshield and manually cleared the snow and ice away from the wipers. I pulled down on the windshield wiper switch and then let it go. When I let the switch go the wipers stopped moving, and they did not return to the home position. I have replaced the motor and am in the process of changing out the switch. Is there a relay I should replace and where is it in the fuse box? I have 207,000 miles on my 2007 S/C Gran Prix.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes. I have done all the maintenance on the car except for transmission oil reprocessing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

As my first comment stated, I have just replaced the wiper motor, and I am in the process of replacing the wiper switch. I have ordered it through AutoZone and it has been ordered. I have taken out the old switch. I tried replacing the relay but that did not seem to help. Based on the fuse box diagram for the 2007 Gran Prix, I got a relay detailed as 37 on the diagram. By the way how do you tell which way the relay goes into the connector?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
3/9/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

I show relays 44 and 45 as being for the wiper- I have attached layout showing them.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks