Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Won't start, no lights key is stuck in the ignition and

Customer Question
won't start JA: Sometimes things that...
won't start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no lights key is stuck in the ignition and can't shift
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: using a battery pack to jump it
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: keyless entry was acting up before this happened
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pontiac
3/4/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: john aka eaut, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy

does anything electrical work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

sounds like a dead battery ...can you try a Jumpstart?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I left the car for about an hour came back no lights at all, can't shift, can't get out of park, tried jumping it with a battery pack the lights came on for a second then wouldn't start again and all the lights went out. It doesn't even sound like its trying to turn over.

did the jump pack have a good charge and a good connection? those side post batterys can be tricky to make good contact

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also before this happened it has a factory electric start from the key fob, and it would start the car but then when i used the key fob to unlock it to get in it would kill the car

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it said it had like 70 percent on the battery pack. maybe i didn't leave it hooked up long enough before i tried to start the car

make sure it makes good contact...are you jumping off the battery or the red jump post?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
battery

try it again and make sure it connects good

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

john aka eaut
john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy