Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I compress the calipers on the rear brakes of the…

Customer Question
How do I compress the...
How do I compress the calipers on the rear brakes of the 2008 G6
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
2/28/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, the piston has to be turned(rotated) clockwise in order to seat them. It takes a tool that turns them while putting pressure on them - see attached diagram.

You can rent the tool from Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts or O Reillys.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.