Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Car keeps dying. Displat says "REDUCED ENGINE POWER"THEN

Customer Question

My name is***** keeps dying. Displat says "REDUCED ENGINE POWER"THEN "STARTER DISABLED DUE TO ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No other than it's been happe ing to since November and I've already replaced the battery, STARTER, THROTTLE body and mass air flow parts thoroughly cleaned. It happens with no earning whatsoever and it Just stops in the road and i can't even steer it off the road. It did it today 10 times in less than a mile!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

can you tell me the codes it will set ?

will it set codes for the throttle body or tps sensors or the pas pedal assembly ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at justanswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still doesn't work! Maybe it's my phone. I've asked you to call me instead. Now this is the third day I haven't had use of my car!
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Different tech here, would you like me to help?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris