Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car backfire and has no get up and go

Customer Question
my car backfire and has no get up and go
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
2/19/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: kwiggins29059, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, is the check engine light coming on and if so have you pulled any codes?

it said tp sensor i change it and drove it 50 miles and it still on
The car idle rough too
It started doing after changing the fuel injectors
Has no get up and go in 3 gear
Pontiac Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 2 years ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

if the engine light is on now..can you please scan it and give me the codes?

why did you replace the fuel injectors?

Tps p0122

what is the year?

2000

SORRY I MISSED YOU

sense you get the 122 code and you have replaced the tps ..i would think your problem may be the wiring to the tps..

you need to check the wiring and the harness plug to the tps

also,you may want to disconnect the harness plugs from the pcm[computer] and clean the terminals on the pcm and the plug connectors

use electronics parts cleaner

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e9pguom5bdzsdm/0220-grandprix-P0122.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/2e9pguom5bdzsdm/0220-grandprix-P0122.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help