Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Pontiac Firebird and I was wondering if you…

Customer Question
Hey my name is***** and...
Hey my name is***** and I have a 2001 Pontiac Firebird and I was wondering if you could help me, we got it with it not being able to start I put a New starter, and battery on it and the lights work and everything but when I go to turn it over it won't I was wondering if you have any experience with this and can help me out thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
2/17/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Be sure you have power to the starter from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid and be sure that the starter is indeed good too as well as the battery and cables.

Thanks, Ron