Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can't open trunk in any mode. Top goes up and down no prom…

Customer Question
Can't open trunk in any...
Can't open trunk in any mode. Top goes up and down no prom have been getting top not secure message for awhile but trunk still worked and still get message even when top is down
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
2/17/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done from here first is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This needs to be done using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.I suspect there will be at least one code set that will help diagnose and locate the issue here.

This sounds like a possible trunk latch or roof sensor issue causing this here.I have seen the trunk latch fail before needing replaced.In some cases it can require a lock smith to come out and unlock the trunk to then check and replace the latch unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete