Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pontiac Solstice Parked it Tuesday with ABS light on. Just…

Customer Question
Pontiac Solstice Parked it Tuesday with...
Pontiac Solstice
Parked it Tuesday with ABS light on. Just went out to start it up ABS light, fuel light, and engine light on. Also, I noticed the fuel gauge was dead. Just filled it up on Monday and it shows empty. Waiting for ABS module to come in but now I'm worried it's more than that. Please help this girl out...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/14/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: john aka eaut, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy

have you scanned it for trouble codes?

When it was scanned only the abs light was on

do you have a scan tool?

my dad does but will it not just read everything that's on

will it pull engine codes?

I just bought this car Tuesday. The dealership is paying for the abs module and labor.

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes.

What abt the dead gauge
I'm afraid I bout a lemon, about to take it back to them Monday!
Bought

that's likely a failed fuel level sensor...likely the engine light codes would confirm this...Its part of the fuel pump module and its located in the fuel tank

Body control module?

no the fuel pump module....

I was asking could all the lights possibly be body control module. I understand you don't have the codes, but I'm just trying to explore all ideas. Someone also told me when they replaced their abs module their lights and gauges went bck to normal. I really like this car but I def don't want a money pit either.

its possibly its the bcm but unlikely I would give the selling dealer a chance to make it right before you get into a panic...but get the codes and we can have a direction to go in