Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The cruise control 't work anymore, its a 2008 pontiac g6…

Customer Question
The cruise control don't...

The cruise control don't work anymore

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Its a 2008 pontiac g6 base/sedan. It was working fine when the dealer repaired some engine oil leaks, in valve covers and oil pan. i took it back and they said it was the transmission solenoid inside the trans. I thought it might the the trans. control module though.

Mechanic's Assistant: Leaks can get messy. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Not much. I have been researching in my computer for possible ideas and i came across your site. I would really appreciate your help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?

The check engine light and the tire pressure lite is also on. The radio panel screen shows that the tire sensor needs service. The car has 142,456 miles. The transmission fluid and filter have been changed twice, within the last five years.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
2/12/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since the check engine light has come on with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.If you can get this done (usually a local auto parts store like auto zone will check these freee of charge) then post the code info here this will help just let me know.This may be a transmission solenoid fault but we need the code info first.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete