GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Have 2002 pontiac grand am i have no dash lights no ac

Customer Question

have 2002 pontiac grand am i have no dash lights no ac sunroof dont work window door lock work but windows want roll down and radio want work i recently changed and had programed the bcm cause the person i brought the car and me thought it was bcm seems like at pc and bcm there voltage on hot going into them but on passenger side fuse box i have no power to sunroof fuse and no power to blower for ac also seems that should power coming in to fuse box where the fuse is none coming in there and i checked all fuses on driver side all good radio fuse checks good also fuses arent blowed the only way dash lights and radio come on is if u unplug first pin connector on bcm then they come on
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle, most of these sound like a ignition switch. So lets start there. One feed, the orange feed from the switch powers most of these. Lets test that for power and even go one stop more by jumping power from the thick red at the ignition switch to the thick orange and see what functions return. If all or any, then replace the ignition switch.

Take the 2 screws out above the cluster and remove the bezel. Remove the cluster after removing the 4 screws.

Remove the bezel around the shifter and remove the bezel around the radio. Remove the radio. Then remove the bolts for the ignition switch to get at the assembly. With the key in start you can insert a tool into the hole to remove the ignition cylinder to remove that a assembly from the switch.