GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Pontiac grand prix gxp 5.3 v8 oil pressure sending switch

Customer Question

pontiac grand prix gxp 5.3 v8 oil pressure sending switch code is on oil level was low i/2 qt it did not fix problem please advise engine sounds normal just had the battery changed because the wife said it sounded hard starting old battery was low cranking amps were down to 440 crank amps on a 650 battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no i don't have a mechanical oil pressure gauge
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

What year? Have you tested the switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should the swiitch read a certain amount of omes colsed or open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
switch to phone
********** is this thesame amount or another 18.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get the phone number ********** HARRISBURG, PA
Name paul ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 pontiac grand prix GXP 5.3 V8 WITH 83,000 MILES
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHEN CAN I EXPECT AN ANSWER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS THIS A COMON PROBLEM WITH THE 5.3 MOTOR I CHANGER OIL 3,000 FAITHFULLY
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I am not set up for phone calls at this time. However, it is more common for the oil pressure sensor to be bad and not reading the correct pressure of the oil.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Actually the phone call is $18 more and you shouldn't post your personal info on here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RECEIVED NO RESPONSE VERRY POOR SERVICE RATE 2 STARS SERVICE
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

No, see you did receive a response and you never let us know what you wanted to do. You can't rate me because I never sent an actual answer, (thank God). Do you want to get your vehicle fixed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is why you got such low rating because no answer their should be no charge verry poor desponce
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

It would be pretty hard to just give an "answer" without knowing what A. what the code is and B. what was done, (besides an oil change) thus far to the vehicle, in an attempt to rectify it. Thanks