Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

T like giving my credit card out

Customer Question
Don't like giving my...
Don't like giving my credit card out
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
1/16/2016
Pontiac Mechanic: Gary, Pontiac Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician

I am sorry for the long wait

did this problem happen out of the blue one day ?

was anything done to where now you have this problem ?

what has been done so far to correct this problem ?

Put a motor in it will no start no fire out coyle power going to coyle turns over good

what year was the engine you put in this ?

are you 100 % sure the crank sensor on the back lower of the engine block is plugged in and that the 3 wires from the crank sensor are good from the sensor to the module and also being sure the terminals are not bad or bent or the wire is pulled out of the terminal in the connector ?

if that checks out at the crank sensor if you unplug the crank sensor connector with the key ON does the light green wire terminal in the connector show 12 volts and does the purple show a GOOD ground ?

Green has 12volts and purple has good ground new crank sensor

05 I heard the engine running had to change the intake diffent

was the original crank sensor in the 2005 engine a 2 wire connector with another sensor behind the crank pulley ?

the 2006 should only have one crank sensor in the back engine block

the 2005 should have 2 crank sensors

can you check ?

The crank sensor is in the back where is the other one at

the 2005 shows 2 crank sensors one in the black engine block and one behind the balancer

Don't see one

the problem we have is if the crank sensor is good and no wires are not bad from the crank sensor to the module and the module shows 12 volts at the pink wire and the black is a GOOD ground the issue will more than likely come down to the difference of the 2005 to the 2006 engines

the engines were different with ignition system triggering of spark witch the 2005 used 2 crank sensors and the 2006 used 1 crank sensor

you are sure the module has good power and ground ?

if so monitoring the RPM with a scan tool when cranking it over what does the computer data list show for RPM ?

I have no scan tool

if that module has the power and ground and the crank sensor is new and the wiring from the sensor is good with NO spark either the module is bad OR the 2005 engine that uses 2 crank sensors v/s the 2006 which uses 1 crank sensor the engines are not interchangeable and you would need a 2006 - 2007 3.4 VIN code F

the 2005 engine 3.4 is a VIN code E which is a different ignition system all together

what should I do
The new crank sensor is three prong

but the old one that was in the 2005 block when you got this engine was it a 2 wire ?

I think so

ok if the 2005 had a block sensor with 2 wires this engine will not work in this 2006 i am sorry to say

even that you had to change over the intake was a big sign that this engine was not the correct year replacement for the 2006

It only has one crank sensor not 2 this engine won't work need another engine

if the 2005 had a 2 wire crank sensor in the back of the block the 2005 will not work in this 2006

The rpm does not move in the dash

because the ignition module is bad OR the crank signal is wrong to the module due to the engine not being the correct one for a 2006 to send the correct crank signal the 2005 signal is a hall effects type signal and the 2006 is a voltage signal to the module for spark

Is there a problem with the key ingion

the ignition module is bad OR the crank signal is wrong to the module due to the engine not being the correct one for a 2006 to send the correct crank signal the 2005 signal is a hall effects type signal and the 2006 is a voltage signal to the module for spark

What module

the ignition module coil assembly it is one piece

05 is different then 06 coyle
Have not heard from anyone
Have not heard from anyone it has been a weak spend 25.00 dollars car is still not fixed