Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

My 2007 g6gt wont start, only clicks, new battery, tested

Customer Question

My 2007 g6gt wont start, only clicks, new battery, tested starter(tests fine)traction control symbol comes on and car disengages sometimes, no power in drive sometimes, and sometimes engines shakes really hard and car wont go.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One common component that can cause this fault here is the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen the switch fail in the past before where it doesnt send the signals it should on one or more of its contacts and can cause all of these issues here.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I would have the ignition switch signals checked/tested with a multi meter and a scan tool to observe the switch signals to see if it is faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete