Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

I have a 2001 Grand Prix GTP and I hooked up my ODB2 scanner

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Grand Prix GTP and I hooked up my ODB2 scanner on it and it was reading a PO442 small evap leak so I took it in and they replaced a vent valve said that was the problem. When I took it to the Emissions place it didnt pass saying that the I/M Monitors hasnt been thru its cycle to perform the test on the car to see if the system was ok. When i hook my ODB2 scanner on it theres no codes but on the I/M Monitor everythings green execpt for the EVAP its flashing red what does that mean and how do I get that to turn green?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the computer does its own test on the system and when it passes, it will set the monitor.

the monitor runs on cold start or when it has a cold soak for about 8 hours. the engine needs to run until warm and driven on the highway at 55 mph for about 3 minutes at a constant speed. the motor cannot be turned off and re started during this process or the test will stop and you will need another cold soak to re run

Roy

how are you making out??

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts