Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

Are you there? I have a dead battery in a 2002 Montana I am

Customer Question

are you there?
I have a dead battery in a 2002 Montana I am to the part where i have disconnected to posts. How do I get the stupid battery out now? It seems to be connected somewhere because I cant lift it out
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

To remove the battery, the battery hold-down retainer will need to be removed. It's at the base of the battery and there is a bolt through the middle of the retainer. Use a long extension on a socket to reach down and remove the bolt. Click here for an image view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx6zpxl2853dedd/mont-bat.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I thought I'd do a check-in with you. How did you make out? Did you get the battery removed? Did you have any other questions regarding this issue?